As summer approaches (and in some parts of the world it is there already!), it is now the perfect time to give yourself a pedicure so that your feet look beautiful and healthy for the season. When the sun decides to come out, you should be ready to slip into your favourite open toe sandals at a moment’s notice, or spend the day frolicking on the beach with your friends – without once worrying that your feet look horrible!
How to Begin
Before you start, you will need to gather some essential tools and supplies. Here’s what you’ll need:
- A tub of warm water (not hot, or it will dry the skin)
- Nail clippers
- Nail file
- Scholl Velvet Smooth Electronic Foot File
- The right Scholl Velvet Smooth Electronic Foot File Roller Head based on your level of skin hardness
- Extra Coarse for very hard skin
- Regular Coarse for normal hard skin
- Soft Touch for silky soft results
Scholl Velvet Smooth Foot Care Dry Skin Recovery Cream
- A clear top and base coat with the colour of your choice, followed by a moisturizing lotion for a massage afterwards
The Steps to Beautiful Feet
- Start by removing your old nail polish and soaking your feet in the tub of warm water for about half an hour or so. For added luxury, add some foot soak, preferably one that contains such substances like green caviar, sea serum and vitamin E. All you have to do is sit back and relax – maybe finish skimming the day’s paper! You must allow the hot water to clean your feet and soften your skin, nails and cuticles, as this helps you remove the dead skin and paint your nails later.
- Trim your nails with a pair of clippers, and follow up with a nail file to shape the nails in the desired manner. Buff away the sharp edges. Always avoid trimming your nails to a rounded edge, as rounded edges give rise to ingrown toenails. If you have some time on your hands, this is a good time to use an orange stick to gently push back your cuticles and rub on a little cuticle oil once you have done so.
- After this step, dry your feet thoroughly on a soft towel and reach out for the Scholl Velvet Smooth Electronic Foot File. It is easily used by all – just switch it on and hold the roller over the dry skin to ensure that hard skin and calluses are gently and easily removed without damaging the skin around them.
- When you finish removing all the dry skin, use a scrubbing brush to remove all the dead skin cells on the skin. But be sure to rinse off your feet with a bit of clean water after scrubbing.
- Dry your feet one last time and rub a thick, nourishing lotion into your skin. Work it into the skin with firm hands. You might need to wipe the toenails clean or the cream will not let the nail polish stick! Now apply your base coat, and cover up with your favourite nail polish colour.